Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Divine Discontent

Do you ever just feel "spiritually weird"?
Ever just feel like SOMETHING is WRONG and you can't figure it out?
Like when you try to pray and it feels like your prayers are hitting the ceiling?
You try to worship and you feel like your being fake?
Ever feel like you're going through the motions.
Ever feel like you've lost your connection with God?
Ever DOUBT?
Ever just feel vexed and irritated in your spirit?
I'm trying to get real with you. 
I'm trying to dive deep into that part of you that your church family doesn't see.
The part you don't want to show them.
I'm trying to expose the biggest attack of Satan on my generation.
Some call it a mental block, some call it a storm; others a dry season. 
I like to call it divine discontent.
I've been through it. 
Job went through it.
 He said I go to the right, to the left, to the front and back, and God's not there.
What I find interesting about the history of Job is that until Job got on his face, repented, and really sought God
instead of whining about how HE FELT
and relying on WHAT HE KNEW
he just couldn't feel God.
So this is meat;
try to wrap your brain around it.
This gospel is a gospel of paradoxes.
To be rich in heaven, be poor on earth.
To be free; surrender.
To live, you must die to yourself.
So many times, we rely on our feelings.
And when we don't feel God, we think he's not there.
The truth is when we quit relying on what we feel, we really won't feel God.
Your feelings will betray you.
Know why? B/c they are rooted in your flesh.
Don't read too much into it; I feel joy cuz I got the Holy Ghost.
I feel happy cuz I know Jesus.
I feel free b/c I surrendered to Him.
But I don't always feel the goose pimples and chill bumps.
I don't always FEEL God's presence.
But I KNOW it's there.
I know it changed my life.
So I wrote this just to make one point.
When you are going through divine discontent...
Don't stop praying
Don't stop fasting
Don't stop worshiping
Don't stop going to church
Keep praying when the devil is on your back putting thoughts in your head.
Keep fasting when your flesh wants to stop.
Keep worshiping when the chill bumps go away.
Be as faithful as possible to the House of God.
In fact fall in love with the House of God.
God is not trying to take His presence from you
He's trying to make you search for it
So He can teach you those who search for Him will find Him.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! So many people see a stop sign and just stop. they forget to go again. its there to keep you safe, not to stop you from continuing your journey.
    thats a good word Justin.....keep the blogs coming!

    ReplyDelete