Thursday, June 17, 2010

In the Darkness

Exodus 13:21 :
And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:
It's interesting to me that the illumination did not come in the day time; though the Israelites were surrounded  by the could of God then. 
The fire of God was not burning and guiding them in the day.
In the day time everything is right for travel.
The air is perfect to get moving forward.
You can see where you are going.
You can see what's behind you, and how you'll never go back.
There aren't dangers awaiting you at every turn. 
No creepy crawly things that "go bump in the night" if you will.
There have been few times in my Christian walk; that I've walked in the daylight.
That I've moved forward when everything was going right in my life and I was blessed beyond measure.
When I had all my sins under control; my relationship with God was thriving, and I was whole.
And I know that in those times of my life I was surrounded by a cloud of the Holy Ghost.
The only reason I could be so blessed and ready for my journey is the cloud of God surrounding me. 
But I'm so thankful that even in the darkness His presence never leaves us.
Anybody can move forward in the day time.
Anybody can make it when you have no resistance.
But if you only move when it's sunny outside, you'll never get to your destination.
For many vacations it is necessary to drive through the night to get to where you want to be faster.
God wanted the Israelites to not just walk in the pleasant day but in the dark cold not as well.
That's where the fire was born.
That's where the faith is perfected.
Fire.
The Holy Ghost and Fire.
Your given the Holy Ghost when you recieve it.
But the consuming fire of God grows hotter and becomes more of the guiding force in your life when it's all you got.
I have learned more through fiery trials and tribulations than I have anywhere else in my life.
I have grown so much closer to my God and His purpose when all hope seemed lost in my life.
And when we go through darkness; we can't see.
We can't make it on our own.
No way Jose.
We have got to be guided by the Holy Ghost.
We have got to rely more on the fire of God than we ever have in our life.
So many times brothers and sisters we go through trials and our praise actually simmers down.
Our fervency cools off.
But I believe that if we can get a hold of the fact that through the darkness we've got a fire guiding us
NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST US SHALL PROSPER
WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS!
WE WILL BE KEPT IN PERFECT PEACE!
So let me just encourage you Holy Ghost filled Saints of God
You may not be able to pay the bills; but you still got a fire!
You may be depressed; but you've still got a fire!
You may not feel anything; but you're surrounded by fire!
It is a pillar of fire
the Holy Ghost and fire!
The pillars are what keeps the buildings standing; and He shall keep you standing! 

1 comment:

  1. the pillar of fire is what will keep you standing even in the dark times. AMEN bro. justin!
    www.davidmunn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete